Thursday, December 30, 2010

How To Make Scroll Invitations

... in plain English!



I bought the book by Davis, THE GIFT OF DYSLEXIA, and I must say that I was still more fascinated than it had after reading the excerpts on the Internet.

And not only better understand my son, but I understand better how his head, or at least to me it comes very close.

Dyslexia is many things. Difficult to summarize in a concept, in a sentence.
time ago, my son told me that he sees the film when I speak of what I say.
And I absolutely did not understand what he meant.
I said, that every word is a thought that is a picture.
Each image that you want to keep, to be kept in the drawers of memory.
In practice, I keep a diary written him the photo album. Part of the
understand. The discourse of memory I have already addressed in another discussion, and there tedierĂ² beyond.

What I mean is that both dyslexic or not, to understand a child must know, in every aspect.
We are not all equal, and this is an essential starting point, without whose backing is not going anywhere.

more children you have, the more you widen the range of things to understand. When children are silent and then a word is already too much then we must seek alternative routes.

This book, which really I suggest, is giving me the opportunity to understand the really important things.

I was told that dyslexic children have a brain that is faster than the others.
Oh how nice!
But in practical terms, what the heck does this mean?
I mean I can buy a Ferrari, but if you do not know the drive, then what can I do? I grab myself a bike and it's better for everyone.

But if I have a Ferrari, I want to learn to drive it.
Thus, the head of my son is a Ferrari.

Learning to drive!
And I have to review everything that I learned about how to drive a car.
it worth it, I do!

So, I try to explain it to you:
Our brain records the words, and are said by one of our party, to a certain speed. We? We are not
to specify that speed, not to get lost in meandering other, we say that we perceive them as words, written, concepts ... the way you want.
Dyslexics see pictures of those words translate into images, words they hear.

Images are faster than written words, concepts.
These images go fast, sometimes so fast that the dyslexic himself does not realize he had forfeited information, then it may happen that knows the answer to a difficult question, and do not know know why, or how it came that ' information, because to be conscious of having acquired information must be remembered also the path that has been done to codify it.

But not all words can be transformed into images, and here comes the fun part.
If I say leaf, a child sees in his imagination the leaf, and here it rains there, but when we talk not only use words that can be transformed into an image.
We also use articles, prepositions, adverbs that can not be transformed into images, and here their thoughts jams.

must help them turn those ideas into images that they could reach their destination, which can be used for appropriate purposes.
Here we need the help of therapists, who teach the famous strategist.

All this in a nutshell really poor, but I think all in all very understandable.

close with yet another repulsive recorded.
I discovered that a friend of my son, has separate sheet for math homework.
This girl has the support, but what does?
Why did you come to work to make the task easier, and my hand is not granted the same opportunity, despite the certification of dyslexia, and everything else?

not my fault if the support is not provided for dyslexic children, although last year during his meeting with the psychiatrist who has come to talk to the teachers, one of them asked if it was not possible to write that My son had a neurological problem though mild for the support.

That is to say ... Write
that this child has some brain damage, although this is not true, because we do not want to do our work, and even if this child, very healthy, it will thin patch behind this all his life, who cares! !

If my son had it right I'm the first to ask, but he has average intelligence, so why humiliate him?
Why??
Only this I know. And
January 27, I'll know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment